PDF-XChange PRO for Windows
If you need Help!
Since some years CERN has moved from Adobe Acrobat to PDF-XChange PRO.
This software has much of the same functionality as Adobe Acrobat. Along with built in functionality with Windows, this software offers full PDF management functionality.
Currently, CERN provides PDF-XChange version 9.1.356.0.
Overview of PDF-XChange Pro 9 Features
|Main Functionalities||New features in version 9.0.356.0|
|Create and Edit Fillable PDF Forms with the all new Forms Designer||PDF Accessibility Functionality|
|Create and Edit Dynamic Stamps||Updated Enhanced OCR Engine|
|Convert PDF to MS PowerPoint format||Advanced Macros Added to Bookmarks Plugin|
|PDF writer Optimization/Compression Controls||Move Content Items to a Selected Layer|
|Scan Direct to PDF||Import Pages to a Layer|
|Manipulate and Modify Existing PDF files||Overlay Document Pages|
|Extract PDF pages to a new PDF file||Recompress Images|
|Split/Merge PDF files||Text List Formatting Options|
|Delete/Crop/Rotate PDF pages||Text-Editing Improvements|
|Re-Order Pages within a PDF file||Use Custom Fonts to Create Signatures/Initials|
|Add Watermarks or Overlay PDF pages||Improved 3D Support|
|-||UI Automation Support|
|-||Enhanced Layers Functionality|
|-||Crop to White Margins|
|-||Split Document by Size|
|-||Split Pages by Guide Lines|
|-||Normalize Media Box Offsets|
Install PDF-Xchange PRO
PDF-XChange PRO is installed automatically on all centrally managed Windows PCs and it is available from CMF.
Create a PDF
- From an Microsoft Office Document. You can create a PDF directly from Word, PowerPoint and Excel. From the menu click PDF-Xchange or File | Save as …(*.PDF)
Useful KB articles (external links)
- From any other Office suite (LibreOffice or Only Office). You can create a PDF by printing any document and selecting the PDF-XChange Standard as Printer (output file). This will create a PDF from your document.
- Only Office can also create PDF from File | Save as …(*.PDF)
- LibreOffice provides an option from File | Export As | Export as PDF...
Saving a tagged PDF using LibreOffice
- Open the original in LibreOffice.
- Click File from the menu and select Export as PDF.
- In the PDF Options dialog box, make sure the Tagged PDF (add document structure) and the Export bookmarks boxes are selected.
- Click Export.
Edit a PDF with PDF-XChange
When opening a PDF document, it will open automatically in PDF-Xchange Editor, which will allow you to edit the PDF.