MS Visio Online
If you need Help!
What is Visio Online ?
MS Visio Online, as its name suggests, is the online version of the MS Visio desktop app.
How to request MS Visio Online License ?
MS Visio Online is available for anybody (*) who has a OneDrive license.
(*) including Windows, Mac and Linux users
User should request a license using the following CERN record producer: Request Visio Online Licence. He will have to select OneDrive from the list of proposed applications.
How to access Visio Online ?
Visio Online is available here Open Visio Online
Can I use Visio Online on a Mac?
Yes, you can use Visio Online to view, create, and edit Visio files in the Safari or Chrome browser on your Mac. There’s nothing to install.
Which browsers work with Visio Online ?
Use the most recent versions of the following browsers.
- Windows 10/11: Edge, Firefox, or Chrome
- MacOS: Edge, Safari 10 and higher, or Chrome
- Linux: Edge, Firefox or Chrome on Linux, but some features may not be available.
What you can do with Visio Online ?
With Visio Online, you can view, create, and edit a diagram (*) in the same way as other Office Online documents (docx/Word, xlsx/Excel, pptx/Powerpoint). You can also view other types of diagrams that can't be created in Visio Online.
(*) block diagrams, flowcharts and cross-functional flowcharts, UML diagrams, SDL diagrams, Azure diagrams, network diagrams, and more.
You can create and edit the following file format: Visio Drawing (.vsdx)
Visio Online does not support
- legacy (.vsd) files for viewing or editing.
- vsd files that have been converted to .vsdx.
- Consult all the Types of diagrams that are supported in Visio Online.
- To read more about compatibility: Limitations to file editing in Visio Online